Donate Your Extra Seeds
Have extra seeds you don't know what to do with? Donate them to Garden Hoard! Your seeds will be added to the Seed SASE list to be distributed to any gardener who would like to try them. The FAQs below will assist you in sharing your seeds.
- What types of seeds can I send?
Any and all are greatly welcomed and appreciated! People all over the world are looking for many different types of seeds. The seeds may be common in your area, but could be unique or rare in other areas of the country. All of your seeds must be labeled for me to properly add them to the Seed SASE list. If I receive seeds that are unlabeled, I will grow them myself and try to ID them the best I can to list at a later time. Seeds must be no older than three years old, as the seeds will result in a low germination rate.
- Do the seeds I donate need to be hand-collected?
Nope! You may donate hand-collected seeds and/or packaged seeds sold in stores and catalogues. You may even send seed packets that you’ve already taken some seeds from.
- I saved seeds from some plants, but I don’t know the variety. Will you still take them?
Yep! Try to describe the plant the best you can. The common name, color(s) of the blooms and the approximate height would be great! A picture of the flowers can be very helpful to send along, but is not necessary.
- What should I include with the seeds?
Please include your contact information with your mailing address and your email so you can be properly thanked! The listing(s) I create on the Seed SASE page from your donated seeds will include your first name and the state you're from. That way, everyone will see where the seeds came from, and you can feel more honored for donating!
- How should I send my seeds to Garden Hoard?
Your seeds can be sent in a padded envelope or inside of a box. Please make sure all the seed packets inside are well closed. Send the seeds via USPS, or any other parcel carrier of your choice. Then, send them to the address below:
14307 Alexander St.
Livonia, MI 48154
- When will I see the seeds I donated available on the Garden Hoard website?
No later than 1 month after I receive them.
- Seed Sending Guidelines:
- Seeds are less than 3 years old.
- Label and seal your seed packs.
- Mail them in a padded mailer or box.
- Include your contact information.